Wedding Tips, As Seen on WJXT’s The Morning Show
This morning, I got hang out at Channel 4’s The Morning Show and share some tips for planning your wedding. Here is a recap of the tips I discussed, plus a few more we didn’t have time for!
- Plan ahead – don’t rush your decisions, and spend time comparison shopping. This will also save on rush charges.
- Remember to factor in all aspects of a purchase; for example, your wedding gown may cost $1000 but you also need alterations, shoes, a veil, jewelry, and undergarments. These extras can almost double the price!
- Check websites like Craigslist or Ebay for decorations, centerpieces and accessories. Brides often sell their decorations after a wedding.
- Consider investing in wedding insurance to protect your deposits and purchases.
Watch out for:
- Additional venue fees, like room rental, bartenders fees, and overtime charges. Sometimes these are included in the menu price, sometimes they are not.
- Large companies that can’t guarantee you will be working with on your wedding day – especially DJs, photographers, videographers. Be sure you can meet with the person you will actually work with to be sure their style matches yours.
- Unlicensed or uninsured vendors.
Some general tips:
- Check the Better Business Bureau, online customer reviews, and actual client references before hiring anyone
- Know your budget before you book anything, and prioritize your wish list.
- If you are ordering a product online, order a sample first (invitations, programs, favors).
- Ask about return/refund/cancellation policies; these should be clearly stated on the contract or receipt.
- Use a credit card to add a layer of protection to your deposits.