New Year’s Eve Wedding Tips
We are busy preparing for a special New Year’s Eve wedding on Saturday! I thought I would share a few suggestions if you are considering a New Year’s Eve wedding too.
- Set your ceremony time for 7:00 pm or later. Your guests will want to stay until midnight, so don’t try to stretch the party out too long.
- Send your invitations well in advance. Normally, wedding invitations are mailed 6-8 weeks before the wedding; yours should be sent about 3 months before to allow your guests to make plans.
- Consider adding late-night snacks or a midnight breakfast buffet to your menu.
- Ask your venue or audio/visual company about having a big-screen TV in the room to watch to countdown to midnight.
- Don’t forget to purchase party favors for your guests! Noise-makers, hats, and tiaras are always fun to ring in the New Year.
- Offer plenty of non-alcoholic drinks and urge your guests to use cabs or designate a driver.
Side note: If you are out celebrating on New Year’s Eve and wind up drinking too much when you were supposed to drive home, the American Automobile Association hopes you will call its Tow To Go program at 1-800-AAA-HELP (1-800-222-4357). “The program is very unique because it is one of the few programs that comes and gets the driver and their car and gets them both home safely,” AAA spokeswoman Joanna Newton said. “What’s even more unique is that it is free of charge, completely confidential and you do not have to be a AAA member to use the service.”