Buff Bride – Losing a Few Pounds For Your Wedding
It happens. We all gain a few pounds here and there. And if you channel surf at any point during the day, you’ll see a least a dozen infomercials for losing the weight. An exercise program, a dietary supplement, a food plan. So what should you do if you want to shed those unwanted pounds before your wedding?
- Don’t do anything drastic. If you don’t eat for three days before your wedding, no one will want to be around your cranky self. Including your husband.
- Do more activity to burn calories. When you are planning your wedding, you tend to get wrapped up in the details and spend hours sitting in front of the TV watching reality shows or flipping through bridal magazines. Get up, take a walk with your fiance, or watch Bridezillas on the treadmill at the gym.
- Don’t forget about weight training. It’s easy to think cardio is the only way to lose weight. But if you are dieting, you risk losing muscle along with fat unless you do resistance training to keep up the muscle.
- Try to eat every three to four hours. Plan out your meals the night before, and pack your lunch and snacks to take with you to the office.
- Drink plenty of water. Which is a good rule of thumb in general, but it can keep your metabolism running strong too.
Most importantly, think about making some lifestyle changes permanently, not just before the wedding. Get into the habit of working out with your fiance, learn to cook healthy meals together, or find an activity you can both enjoy.
(To keep the lawyers happy: Be sure to consult your physician before starting any new diet or exercise program)