Do You Need A Professional Makeup Artist?
(Ok, I’ll elaborate…)
Many brides, especially those on tight budgets, are quick to think, “I look pretty good on a daily basis, I can do my own makeup for my wedding.” And while, yes, this is true, there are many reasons to hire a pro:
- Being on time. Think back to your senior prom, when you did your own hair and makeup. Did things go exactly as planned? Usually not.
- Less stress. Why not sit in a chair for an hour and relax while someone makes you more beautiful? Much better than standing in the hotel room’s bathroom.
- Play up your best features and hide any flaws. Just because your photographer can photoshop that zit, he or she doesn’t want to have to do that in 1,000 photos. A professional makeup artist can hide any little imperfections without making them more obvious.
- Long-lasting coverage. You’ll be sweating, dancing, kissing, and eating during your wedding day. And from the time your makeup is done in the morning to the time you leave your reception, that can be a 10-hour day.
- Proper intensity for photographs. We’ve all seen those photos of brides whose face looks three shades lighter than the rest of their body, or they look like they aren’t wearing makeup at all. Just like models have more dramatic makeup, you’ll need to step it up a bit for your wedding day too. A professional makeup artist knows how to achieve this while still making you look like “you.”
The most important step in hiring a makeup artist is scheduling a trial run. You’ll want to be sure you’re happy with the results, but long before the wedding day. In fact, having your makeup done the same day as your engagement photos kills two birds with one stone! Then, if you aren’t happy with the look, you have time to make adjustments rather than having a melt-down on your wedding day.