Valentine’s Day Ideas for Engaged and Newlywed Couples
Valentine’s Day is next week! And as an engaged or newly married couple, you may not have the resources for a romantic getaway or extravagant dinner. Here are some ideas to make your day special!
1. Have a picnic lunch. If your offices are nearby, why not sneak away for a long lunch at a park? (This is great for us in sunny Florida, but this may not be an option for other parts of the country. How about an indoor picnic after work?)
2. Buy a case of wine. But no, don’t drink it all on Valentine’s Day! Label each bottle with an event you will share in the future – such as “the birth of our first child” or “our first fight as a married couple.” But don’t forget to label one “Valentine’s Day 2013!”
3. Cook a romantic dinner at home. But rather than one person doing all the work, one of you can cook the main course while the other does the appetizers and dessert. Check out Pinterest or AllRecipes.com for some menu ideas!
4. Personally deliver flowers. Anyone can call an 800-number and order flowers. But it’s much more special if you visit a local florist and buy some loose blooms. Then surprise your special someone at work with a personal delivery!
5. Go bowling. Ok, I know what you’re thinking. Bowling isn’t exactly the way most people want to spend Valentine’s. But guess who does? My sweetie. He bowls every Thursday night (actually Wednesdays and Thursdays), and since Valentine’s Day falls on a Thursday this year, guess where he’ll be? Not that I mind – I’m a fan of showing love and appreciation every day, not just one day a year! But guess what? I might just go hang out at the bowling alley next Thursday night. ♥