A Girls’ Guide To The Super Bowl
I was raised in the South, where football isn’t just a sport, it’s a religion. But I know not every girl is as lucky as me. So if you are newly engaged and find yourself invited to join your fiancé for The Super Bowl Party, here are some tips.
- Don’t talk during the game. Unless it’s “that was an awesome play!” or “can you believe that call?” Listen to what everyone else is saying, and play along if you don’t know what context those phrases would be used in!
- If you must talk, leave the room. The kitchen is usually a safe haven for those that aren’t hardcore fans to take a break and chit chat. Just don’t hide for too long – pop back to the big screen every 10 minutes or so, and no one will miss you!
- Be helpful. If you are heading to the kitchen for a break, offer to bring back beers for everyone, or replenish the bowls of chips and pretzels.
- Pay attention. Don’t play on your phone or tablet. At least not the whole time. Besides, everyone knows that the Super Bowl commercials are just as important as the game! You won’t want to miss seeing what everyone will be talking about at the office on Monday.
- Don’t ask questions. This is not the time for Football 101. If you have a few minutes this weekend, and truly no nothing about the game, check out the Girls’ Guide To Football to get the basics.
The most important thing to remember is to blend in. Don’t pout, or whine about how long the game is lasting, or constantly remind the group that you don’t know what’s going on. Oh, and it doesn’t hurt to find a cute outfit in one of these color combos! (Ask your fiancé which team he’s rooting for if you don’t have a favorite yourself.)