The first dance is a special way to represent the bride's and groom's new relationship. However, having 100 pairs of eyes staring at you as sway on the dance floor may more than a bit nerve-wracking. Here are some tips to ease the stress:
- Don't dance to the whole song; ask your band or DJ to play only 2 minutes of the song.
- Schedule at least one professional dance lesson so that you are comfortable dancing together. Learn how to lead and follow, which foot to step with first, and other basics.
- Start practicing a few months before the wedding (not the week of the wedding!).
- Make sure your band or DJ has the same version of the song that you have been practicing with. If there is any doubt, give them a copy of the CD.
- If you plan to choreograph your dance, be sure to keep your wedding dress in mind. There may be a lot of added weight and fabric for your new husband to dance around!