It's easy to get stressed out, even if you aren't planning a wedding. Here are some quick and easy ways to reduce stress in your every-day life:
- Get out of the office on your lunch break, and take a walk. If your job requires you to sit in front of a computer all day, take several breaks during the day to stretch.
- Even if you can't leave the office for lunch, don't eat lunch at your desk.
- Exercise regularly - even a game of catch with a friend or a walk with your dog will help clear your mind.
- Allow extra time to get to appointments - plan to arrive 15 minutes early, in case there is traffic, road closures, or you get lost. You should still arrive on time without being stressed!
- Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for help. Keeping things bottled up won't solve a problem.
- When you are feeling stressed about something, ask yourself, "Is this really important?" or "Will this matter a year from now?"
- Do something creative. Doodle on a notepad, paint a picture, write a poem - anything different from your ordinary daily tasks.