The days of the "cookie-cutter" wedding are long gone - but how do you find just the right look for your big day?
- Start with something meaningful to you. Did you get engaged in Italy? Do you have a hobby that you both love? Start by incorporating touches that reflect your life together as a couple.
- Before you send save-the-dates, create a monogram, motif or other design that you can incorporate into all of your printed materials. Just remember, your monogram should not include you new last name initial until after the wedding.
- Work with your cake baker to create a custom design that reflects the look of the reception. Your cake is an important focal point for your wedding (and especially your photos!) so don't skimp here!
- Tie your reception menu in with your theme. Or, incorporate your favorite foods or family recipes! Most chefs are willing to discuss custom options, all you have to do is ask.
- Don't forget to add tablecloths, chair covers, and other decor to match the overall look!
(image above by Ten23Designs)