It's here! The day you've been waiting for since you were a little girl. The day you FINALLY get to put on a wedding dress for the first time!
- Don't be afraid to try on a variety of styles and looks. The dress you don't like on the hanger may look the best on your body!
- Think about your personal style - if you are a fashion-forward trend-setter, a classic/traditional dress may not be the best choice for you.
- Bring or wear appropriate undergarments, if you have them already (strapless bra, etc.) Also remember that the sales person will have to help you into the dresses, so it's probably not the best time to wear a thong or other revealing items.
- Also wear shoes in a similar height to those you'll want to wear at the wedding.
- Beware of too many opinions. While your first instinct is to bring lots of friends and family members, their opinions may alter your feelings about a dress. Bring one or two people with you when you are first trying on dresses, then have the rest of the group join you once you have your decision narrowed down to 2 or 3 dresses. Or, ask special people like your grandmother and future mother-in-law to help you choose accessories, like your veil, jewelry, etc.
- Take your time. Don't feel rushed or pressured into making a decision right away.
- Choose the dress that makes you feel amazing - not what other people tell you that you should get.