It's becoming more and more popular for dog lovers to include their dogs into their weddings; after all, they are a part of the family. People are finding that their pups make excellent ring bearers and flower girls. So if you decide to have your dog be a part of your big day here are some tips to insure everything runs smoothly.
- Check with your wedding ceremony venue beforehand. Many churches or other religious institutions might not allow animals.
- Make sure they’re accompanied by a human. It’s difficult to trust an off-leash ring bearer unless you’re 100% certain they can handle the responsibility.
- Have someone take your dog on a walk beforehand. It’s important there’s no accidents during the ceremony.
- Be sure the person chaperoning your pup has treats on hand, JUST IN CASE.
- Have a post-wedding plan for your pooch. Schedule someone to pick him or her up from the ceremony venue and drop off at home or at a boarding facility if you will be leaving right away for your honeymoon.