Did you know you can insure your wedding? With the recent news of a popular wedding venue closing today, we are reminded that EVERY wedding can be protected by wedding insurance. Lost Deposits can provide coverage if a vendor goes out of business, declares bankruptcy before your event, or simply fails to show up. For example, if your band or your limo provider fails to show up, this coverage can reimburse your lost deposit. We thought we would re-post an article we wrote on the subject not too long ago on the other benefits on wedding insurance.
There are several companies that provide wedding insurance, but here is some information from Wedding Protector Plan.
- No Dress. You can get repair or replacement cost if the bride’s wedding gown or groom’s tuxedo is lost or damaged.
- Lost Rings. You can receive repair or replacement cost if the bride or groom’s wedding bands are lost or damaged.
- Severe Weather. If severe weather (such as a hurricane) forces you to postpone your wedding, we can provide reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses.
- Call to Duty. If the bride or groom is unexpectedly called up to active duty, or has her or his military service leave revoked, forcing you to postpone the event, we can provide reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses.
- Damaged Gifts. You can get repair or replacement cost if your wedding gifts are damaged.
- Sudden Illness. If the wedding needs to be postponed because sudden illness prevents the bride, groom or their parents from attending, you can receive reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses.
- Venue Requires Insurance. As an additional option to your policy, you can add liability coverage to protect yourself in case a guest is injured or causes damage to property.
- Liquor Liability. As an individual liability option to your policy, you can add this coverage to protect yourself against liability arising from alcohol-related occurrences (subject to policy conditions and exclusions).
Rates start at $165 for this company, and other companies offer similar prices.
If you would like to see a brochure, click the link below: