It's that time of year when we're busy getting welcome bags/boxes ready for our spring weddings! We get a lot of questions about what goes inside these little packages. The most common items are:
- Bottled water. An absolute must!
- Snacks. Something salty, something sweet, and perhaps something with a local flair. (More on this below.)
- Information about the area. Contact the local visitors' bureau or chamber of commerce, and they will be more than happy to send you brochures and maybe even coupons!
- Information about the wedding. If you have an action-packed weekend planned, include an itinerary and maps/directions if transportation isn't being provided.
- Contact information. Assign a local friend to act as your concierge for the weekend to help with last minute questions from your guests.
From the basics, you can upgrade to include bottles of wine, personalized toiletry items like lotion or bubble bath, even slippers! If you are planning a beach wedding, perhaps a pair of flip flops and bottle of sunscreen. For a garden wedding, a lovely hat. Just remember that your guests will have to pack these items for their trip home, or leave them behind.
When our brides ask us for "regional" favorites, we suggest:
- Peterbrooke chocolates
- Florida oranges
- Boiled peanuts
- Datil pepper sauce
- San Sebastian wines
Sound like a lot of work? If you aren't working with a wedding planner who offers this service, check out Bow Tie Bags - you can customize your bag and its contents, and they will ship them directly to the hotel. (The photo above is one of their creations!)