These days, almost every wedding has its own website. It’s a great way to share information with your guests! Here are some tips for making your wedding website great:
- Purchase an easy-to-remember domain. For example, MikeAndSarah.com is something you can even use in the future as a blog to keep your friends and family updated on your new house, growing family, etc. When selecting a domain, remember the shorter the better – this will need to be printed on your save-the-dates and invitation enclosure cards.
- Include hotel information. Hopefully you’ve set up room blocks at two or three nearby hotels, so be sure to include booking instructions and rates. Also include the hotel’s direct phone number and address; if your guests are like me, they’ll want to add this information to their phones!
- Also include travel information. Many cities have multiple airports, so let your guests know which one is most convenient. If your hotel offers airport transportation, include this information as well.
- Share the weekend schedule. If you are planning a great welcome party, you won’t want your guests to miss it by booking a late flight. This also gives your guests a chance to plan sightseeing activities if they haven’t visited the area.
- Feature some of your favorite nearby restaurants, shops and attractions. Provide links and a map, if possible, as well as hours of operation, and why you love these places.
- Include links to your registries. This makes it easy for your guests to find this information, should they choose to send a gift.
- Remember that not everyone is online 24/7. Be sure to send hard copies of important information to any of your guests that aren’t tech-savvy.