Selecting your bridal party is an essential role to your wedding. Consider popular choices like your sister, your fiance's sister, close friends or family members. It's also important to remember that it is your wedding day and although a friend might be upset for not being selected, your friends and family members will respect your choices.
The main thing to ask yourself when selecting your entourage is, who will be there for me throughout the whole process? Take in account that these women will have many responsibilities, and try and determine who you think will live up to your expectations.
Maid or Matron of Honor - Head support system and responsible for:
- Throwing a bridal shower.
- Getting the word out as to where you're registered.
- In charge of making sure you're properly corseted, zipped, buttoned, and all-around ready for your wedding day.
- Making sure the rest of the bridal party is looking flawless, and has their appropriate flowers.
- Holds the groom's ring (if it is a double-ring ceremony) and your bouquet during ceremony.
- Signs the marriage license as an official witness.
- Offers a toast to the couple at the reception.
Bridesmaids - Have to be present at the wedding and prewedding events. Their responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with maid of honor and other bridesmaids in planning a shower.
- On call for anything the bride needs.
- Emotional support.