It's here: Bridal Show Season. If you are newly engaged, bridal shows can be a great way to start your planning! Not only can you see great new ideas and hot trends, you can meet with 80-100 wedding professionals in one location. There are two major bridal shows in North Florida this month, and a FABULOUS show in February. Okay, I'm a little biased, because I co-produce the February show!
Here are some tips for attending any wedding show:
- Pre-register if you can. Often, there will be a discounted admission if you register online, plus you can skip the hassle when you arrive. Registering will qualify you for some awesome prizes at the show!
- Have pre-printed labels with your name, address, email, phone number, and wedding date.
- Bring your schedule (calendar, Blackberry, iPhone) with you - you may want to schedule meetings with vendors right away!
- Don't be afraid to ask questions! The pros you meet do weddings all the time, but they know that this is you're a novice. There are no dumb questions.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will do quite a bit of walking and be on your feet for 2-3 hours.
- Grooms can have fun too! Most shows have a wide variety of food and cakes to sample.