I've just gotten back from Austin, TX, where I attended the National Association of Catering Executives annual conference, Experience! 2010. There are so many highlights, I'll have to write several posts over the next few days as I go through my pages of notes and tons of photos!
For me personally, the highlights were:
- Being runner-up for Best Wedding Reception of the Year (with over 4,000 members, this is such an honor!)
- Teaching a session on "Wedding Harmony," which included a great discussion between wedding planners, venue managers, and event professionals
- Getting to spend time with my local NACE pals, seeing old friends from across the country, and meeting new event professionals to inspire me
- Learning about new trends, products and services to share with my clients
- Riding a mechanical bull!
Watch for more details soon...