I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus for the past week due to a nasty cold that has kept my brain from functioning well. I think I'm on the up-swing though! You may have noticed that over the past couple of weeks I have been changing my name back to my maiden name. Which leads me to a question: are you (or did you) change your name? It's really such a hassle!
If you decide to make the effort, here's a quick list of those you will need to notify:
- Social Security Administration
- U.S. Passport Agency
- U.S. Post Office
- 401k / Retirement plans
- Credit card companies
- Bank accounts / names on checkbook
- Voter registration
- Doctor, dentist, HMO, medical records, heath-care proxy
- Health, life, auto, and home insurance policies
- Discount, courtesy, and frequent-flyer cards
- Utility companies (phone, cable, gas, electric, etc.)
- Legal Contracts
- Will (you may want to change the beneficiary to your spouse at the same time)
Feel free to comment below - are you changing your name, why or why not, and for those of you already married, what was your experience like?