Often considered one of the most valuable pieces of jewelry a women will ever wear, your engagement and wedding ring should be cared for carefully and properly. Most women, however, don’t know how to take care of their rings. Use the following tips to ensure that your ring maintains its beauty and luster for many years to come.
- Make sure to have an accurate appraisal of your wedding ring set in case it gets lost.
- Put your rings in the same place everyday in order to avoid misplacing it.
- Store your ring in soft cloth or in a jewelry box away from exposure to dirt or chemicals.
- Take off your rings before cleaning with harsh chemicals to avoid possible dissolve or damage your stone.
- Clean your rings in a solution of water and mild liquid detergent.
- Don’t be afraid to take your rings off. This is especially true when playing sports, working out at the gym and gardening.
- Have the stone in your ring checked at least every 6 months by a jeweler to make sure that the stone has not come loose in the setting.